Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Tangled by Karen Erickson



Tangled by Karen Erickson
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (112 pgs)
Other: BDSM, M/F, M/F/M, M/M, F/M/M, Ménage, Voyeurism
Rating: 5 Cherries
Reviewed by Fern

The girl can’t help herself…until she helps herself to a triple-hot fantasy.

Playing With Fire, Book 2

Always wanting what she can’t have. Scarlett learned this the hard way, and this time is no different. Drake, the one guy she’s hot for, isn’t hot for her. Nope, he’s hot for Trevor, the gorgeous, arrogant actor she works with. Maybe it’s time she let loose and let the right man capture her, for a change.

Trevor wonders why she can’t see that the right man is right under her nose. He’s crushing big time on the quirky, sexually confident Scarlett—a huge turn-on for a guy who’s not your standard looking-for-vanilla-sex kind of guy.

When an argument with Trevor explodes into the hottest sex of her life, Scarlett thinks nothing has ever felt so right—until Drake joins in and kicks it into white-hot gear. Trevor is astounded that she trusts him enough to make her three-way happen for her. But suddenly he’s not so sure he wants to share…

After devouring Karen Erickson’s wickedly naughty story, Forbidden, I couldn’t wait for the second in her Playing With Fire series, Tangled. To my utter delight, not only did I get another dose of the delectable Austin, but I got to know the equally yummy Trevor as well. Having been introduced to Scarlett, I knew the story would be hotter than a blistering summer day, but never in my wildest imaginings could I have known just how combustive the material would be.

Although Scarlett comes across as sexy and self-assured, she is anything but. Instead, she keeps her emotions hidden beneath the façade of confidence. I loved getting into her head and discovering she wasn’t the vixen I initially perceived in Forbidden. In truth, she’s far more complex and sympathetic. To be sure, there are moments when she’s difficult to like. Her insecurities push you away at times, but when you grow to understand it’s due to her vulnerabilities, you’ll positively ache for her.

As for Trevor – what can I say, really? He’s alpha. He’s hot. And he commands control. Just when I didn’t think it was possible to love a hero as much as I did Austin (he leaves one heck of an impression, I’m telling you!) Trevor ambles onto the scene, takes front and center, and proves me wrong. Fittingly, he is much like Scarlett in that he oozes confidence, but deep down, he harbors a fear of rejection. It’s because of this that he takes charge with Scarlett and tries to convey his emotions through sexual dominance and control.

Fans of a fantastic romance with conflicted characters have to read this story. The dialogue is both sultry and witty, the protagonists are more than pretty faces, and the story will rock your socks. I can’t wait for more from Karen Erickson. She’s become one of my favorite must read authors.

1 comment:

Karen Erickson said...

Ah Fern thank you thank you for such a great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed Tangled! I must admit - I love Trevor but my heart belongs to Austin. LOL

Thanks again! :)