Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Bad Blood by Mychael Black



Spirits of Abaddon Book 1: Bad Blood by Mychael Black
Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Length: Short Story (40 pgs)
Other: M/M, Anal Sex
Rating: 4.5 cherries
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Jesse doesn't like vampires, and he purposely avoids Gabriel whenever he can. But he can't deny the attraction he feels for the man, either.

When Jesse witnesses a murder, he finds himself on the run -- caught in a deadly cat and mouse game. With Jason and Julian on vacation in Greece, Jesse's only choice is to turn to the one man he's been trying to ignore.

He’s the one man Jesse needs and he’s the last man he wants, but he’s all Jesse’s got.

Intrigued? I was, so I read Bad Blood.

I know when I get a Mychael Black story, I’m going to come away from it pleased, intrigued, entertained, and wanting more. This book is definitely one that I want more of!

Although this story has fantasy aspects, I really felt like I was there with Jesse and Gabriel as they got to really know each other. I liked the addition of Lilith and the unasked questions that came to mind as she showed up. And the dual but intertwined storylines can be overdone, but not in this instance. Mr. Black writes with an insistency and an integrity lacking in many stories.

Jesse, the drummer for Firestarter, is unique. He has a thing for Gabriel, yes, but the fact that Gabriel is a vampire scared the living heck out of him. I liked that because many times we meet people who are really decent people, but we judge the book by the cover and convince ourselves we can’t like the person. But what really drew me to Jesse was his adventurous nature — when with Gabriel, he trusts him and that in and of itself was sexy.

Gabriel is also a worthy hero. He’s not all he seems and it works so well in this story. From page one, I wanted to know more about the vampire silently stalking Jesse. The extra dimensions to Gabriel’s personality made me root for him to save the day. Plus, he looked hot as he fought off the demon.

There are some definite plot twists in this story that I didn’t see coming but loved. My only wish is for the next story to come out because I have to see what happens next!

If you want a story that’s complex and sexy, then you need to read Bad Blood. I give this book an enthusiastic 4.5 cherries.

1 comment:

Mychael Black said...

Thank you so much!!! :D

Actually, book 2--Sanctified--is due out next week, I believe. ;)