Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cougar by the Tail by J. Hali Steele



Cougar by the Tail by J. Hali Steele
Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Length: Short Story (47 pgs)
Other: M/F, Anal Sex
Rating: 4 cherries
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Trent Dallion is screwed. A wily little cougar has him by the balls -- and he can't get loose! Did she mean it when she thanked him for killing her brother? Or is she playing a game of cat and mouse, waiting for revenge?

Peri Montana tastes her destiny in the blood of the jaguar who took her diseased brother's life. Mountain born and bred, she wants nothing to do with the jungle cat who possesses more vampire abilities than she's comfortable with. Can she follow him into the hot desert night without losing her tail?

What happens when a Sovereign Warrior Jaguar grabs a Cougar by the tail? It’s one hot romp on the mountain.

Want to know more? Then read Cougar by the Tail.

J. Hali Steele writes spicy stories that stick with the reader long after the last page. This story doesn’t disappoint. Peri and Trent grabbed my attention right off, and held me long after I closed the ebook. Ms. Steele also writes with a tenderness and way with description that made me feel like I was there, frolicking on the mountainside with Peri and Trent.

And speaking of characters, Peri and Trent aren’t conventional, but that’s what made them fun for me to read about. Peri is a cougar shifter and she’s a cougar in life — she’s older than Trent. She’s still got the older woman/younger man fears and her fears are what helped me relate to her. She’s not perfect. But I loved it when she had to stand up and decide what she wanted. It made me applaud and smile. Now that’s not to say I didn’t feel her pain early on in the story. The death of her brother was well written and made my heart hurt and ache for her. I liked the conflict with her brother. The added irritation of the wolves and having to accept each other really brought the story to life for me.

But then there’s Trent. Yes, he’s got alpha male written all over him, but he’s got his own little nuances that drew me to him. He gets overloaded with ‘cub’ jokes, but he’s not slouch. He just needed to find his way. I loved his spirit and his dichotomy—he’s a warrior jaguar and a vampire. Talk about a mish-mosh! But it all worked and made him a sexy beast.

Oh, and man, does this story sizzle. I felt the passion between Peri and Trent before she was ready to admit that maybe, just maybe, she liked him. It gave me shivers in a great way.

If you want a scorching hot love story, then you need to read Cougar by the Tail. I give this ebook 4 cherries.

1 comment:

J Hali said...

Tiger Lily,

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed Cougar by the Tail--it was fun to write this story and watch the characters grow.