Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hard Man by Amarinda Jones



Hard Man by Amarinda Jones
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (75 pgs)
Other: M/F, Voyeurism, Anal Sex
Rating: 4 cherries
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

The last place Ashbea Somers wanted to be was stuck at a shoe convention with her crazy boss, selling trashy shoes to drunken women. When Ashbea runs into the surly, hard-bodied Harry, things start to get exciting. After a few terse words, she finds herself skin to skin with him up against a wall in a hot, body-shaking moment. Maybe the convention isn’t so bad.

Harry only ever has one-night stands. Hot, wild sex with Ashbea was supposed to be just that. In and out and over, with no regrets, just a passionate memory. But Harry can’t forget the woman who held him so tight and close. He wants one more taste of her luscious body before he walks away. That is, if he can. There’s something about her that’s unforgettable.

Ashbea isn’t sure what Harry’s problem is but she does know one thing. Sex with Harry Hardman is not something she’s about to give up without a fight.

Can love come on account of shoes? Depends on who you talk to. But if you talk to Ashbea and Harry, then yes it can.

Amarinda Jones writes the kind of love story that draws the reader in immediately. Once I opened this book, I couldn’t put it down. The story takes place in Australia and I really felt like I was there.

Harry is an interesting and tortured hero. He’s got secrets that made me want to hug him. He’s been through some really crummy things, but his way of dealing is anesthetizing himself. I could relate to his inner pain. Every person goes through times they wish they hadn’t or that they could change. That fact made him more human to me.

The character I had a hard time relating to was Ashbea. I liked that she wasn’t a skinny heroine. She had curves, which readers can relate to. But her attitude! I got the fact that she wasn’t real thrilled with her job and the people she worked with. At times she came across as almost as snobby as the people she made fun of. That turned me off to her. I didn’t see how she could be so caring with Harry and then such a snot with her boss.

Still, the sex in this story was hot and inventive. This is a voyeur’s delight. Harry is one hero not to miss and his smooth moves with Ashbea will make you sigh as much as it did for me.

If you want a novella that sizzles the pages, then you need to read Hard Man. I give this story 4 cherries.

1 comment:

Amarinda Jones said...

Thanks for the great review - I appreciate it