Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Lionsheart by Marteeka Karland



Lionsheart by Marteeka Karland
Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Action/Adventure, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Length: Short Story (31 pgs)
Other: M/F
Rating: 3 cherries
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Darian Amos Shiffley is on the hunt. His protégé, Gretta, has gotten herself arrested and detained in Dead Man’s Keep, a supermax underground prison of the worst sort. He intends on freeing not only her, but himself as well. For too long, Shiffley has hidden his feelings for Gretta. No more. He’s out to show his little Lionsheart how much she truly means to him.

Imagine his surprise when he discovers his secret was never really a secret to begin with.

The secret’s out... but no one’s upset about it.

I get excited when I see a new book by Marteeka Karland. I know when I open the document, I’m going to get a great read. Lionsheart is no different.

Ms. Karland writes hybrid animals as well as anyone and drew me in right away. The action in the book never wanes, which left me on the edge of my seat.

Gretta, for all her humanness, is a real piece of work. She’s strong and sure, and knows her man. She wants to nurture and help. This caring is what gets her into trouble, but I didn’t think she had a problem being rescued. Shiff has no qualms with rescuing her. He’s a lionsblood vampire, which made for an interesting twist. When it comes to brute strength and agility, he’s the man.

The pairing of the two is nice and sexy. I felt the passion immediately, even when they didn’t want to admit their feelings. What holds them back? That great old human emotion—fear. Ms. Karland writes these feelings in a tender manner. I felt for both Gretta and Shiff. He’s afraid he’ll hurt her and she’s scared he doesn’t see her as more than a trainee.

If you want a saucy book filled with a lusty heroine and an unusual hero, then you need to read Lionsheart. I give this book 3 cherries.

No comments: