Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Angel Moon by Shayla Kersten

Angel Moon by Shayla Kersten
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing
Genre: Action/Adventure, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Length: Short Story (95 pgs)
Other: BDSM (light), M/F, M/M, Anal Play, Forced Seduction, Toys
Rating: 5 cherries
Reviewed by Peppermint

Terra offers sanctuary to both Angellum and Virkola. Unknown to the humans, a truce exists there. To Terrans, the two species exist as myths. One is a frail, winged creature from religious texts. The other, a demon of the night, living off blood. Both are far from the truth…

Sorin thought sanctuary was the answer to their problems. Terra with its plentiful creatures, full of fresh blood and off limits to the millennia-long war with the Angellum—who wouldn’t think it paradise? Except paradise comes at a high price. Claiming a bounty on a renegade angel hasn’t ended up the way he planned at all.

Teo loves his ship, his life in space, but he loves Sorin more. The plan seemed sound, but the bounty is a fraud and now the price is on him and Sorin. He’ll make the best of the rest of his life with Sorin, even if it’s only for a few weeks.

But when hope appears from an unexpected source, both men grab chance by her wings.

Usually, I'm not one for the Sci-fi genre, but Shayla Kersten has actually made me interested in her Sci-fi stories. And let me tell you that is one big feat. Anytime anyone mentions science fiction stories I usually turn the other way but that was not the case with this story. Not only did I love it I will probably read it over and over again.

The characterization in this story is amazing. Teo and Siron seem to complement each other perfectly. They have what most people dream of having in a relationship. When Teo takes the lead, Siron is more than happy to follow and vice versa. After reading about them I would like to think everyone could meet their perfect other half as these two have.

Not only did this story draw me in from the very beginning, I actually whimpered at the end, because I was not ready to leave the world Shayla Kersten created. This story really had me feeling every emotion, whether it be happy, sad, angry, lustful, it really had it all. While the ending wasn't quite what I expected, the conflict was solved in a better way than I could have imagined. This author clearly knows what she was doing by leaving her readers wanting more.

One of the reasons I never liked sci-fi stories was because I always felt they were either too descriptive, or not descriptive enough. Shayla Kersten gave me just enough information in this story that I could see the world she was trying to create, yet had enough space to add my own mental imagery to it as well. I just hope that the author will continue Teo and Siron’s story, because I am sure it will be flying off the shelves.

If you science fiction (or even if you don't!), do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of "Angel Moon". It's a keeper.

1 comment:

Shayla Kersten said...

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I'm working on the second book in the series right now!