Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bedtime Stories: Troll’s Blog by Shelby Morgen

Bedtime Stories: Troll’s Blog by Shelby Morgen
Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Contemporary, Paranormal
Length: Short Story (23 pgs)
Other: M/F
Rating: 4.5 Cherries
Reviewed by Holly

Perfect skin, dusted a light powder blue. Bright burgundy Mohawk. 6'4". Dark blue uniform. Big shiny gun. Yeah. I'm the Troll under the bridge. But if you're reading my blog, you know that. That's why I call it Troll's Blog. Duh. Sooo not a euphemism.

You'd think the tusks would give it away. But I guess people are pretty used to seeing body art, even dental sculpting. Amazing what dentists can do these days. Did I tell you I worked in a dentist's office for a while? Till I bared my tusks at a child who thought he wanted to be unruly in my office. He changed his mind. Unfortunately so did the dentist. I wasn't going to eat him. Honest. Kids don't even taste all that good.

But I digress. This story isn't about me. Not exactly. It's about my blog. And Sam. And another one of Sam's great ideas. No, not like the one where he and Kara's fiancé got to watch me and Kara hold our own private bachelorette party. Though that was seriously hot. No, this story's about Sam. And how he saved Troll's Blog by coming up with one of the coolest ideas ever. You're gonna love it. Really.

Publisher's Note: Bedtime Stories in no way represents any actual publishing company. Any resemblance to the staff and authors of Changeling Press is purely coincidental.

That's our story and we're sticking to it.

Bedtime Stories Publishing is the brainchild of Troll, evolved from her daily blogs. After putting everything out there for free for so long, Troll is encouraged by longtime love Sam to break free and go into business for herself. After all, there has to be more to life than being a Bridge Troll. Can Troll be a success on her own? Does she have what it takes to step out from where she’s been comfortable and take a chance? Can she get the money owed her from her net provider?

Let me say that I love the Bedtime Stories series. The stories are short, hot and fun to read. This one is no exception. Shelby Morgen’s characters are decidedly different and distinctive. Troll is a unique individual with imagination and strong emotions. She works hard ands plays harder, especially when it comes to the love of her life, Sam. The decision to step out of her comfort zone isn’t easy, but I loved how she decided to jump in and change her life.

Sam is in love with Troll, and he sees past the powder blue complexion and burgundy Mohawk to the woman behind it all. He is supportive, strong, and willing to sacrifice if it will help his woman. And of course, he is one hunk of a cop, too. He is determined to help Troll in whatever she decides. I loved their game of “Troll and Biker” - what a hot and sexy escapade that was. And Troll’s solution to funding for her start up was delicious, and it also netted her a new employee for the new business as well.

The Bedtime Stories are perfect for when you just need a quick pick me up, and want something short and fun to read. I recommend this as an inside look at how it may have happened. But be warned: these Bedtime Stories are definitely not for children.

No comments: