Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Cop, Bad Girl by Paige Tyler

Good Cop, Bad Girl by Paige Tyler
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (39 pgs)
Other: BDSM, M/F, Spanking
Rating: 3 cherries
Review by Tiger Lily

When a hunky guy shows up at Julie Hanson’s apartment to tell her the police received a complaint about the noise from her birthday party, she assumes he’s a male stripper her girlfriends hired. Upon discovering the gorgeous Kirk Chandler really is a police officer, she’s completely mortified, especially since she teased him about giving her a birthday spanking.

Kirk appears at her door for a second time later that night, bearing gifts and asking if she got her birthday spanking. Julie not only gets her bottom nicely warmed, but is treated to a night of pleasure that qualifies as the best birthday present any girl could ask for.

Birthdays can be so much fun. Add a paddle and a neat little ducky that’s not for the faint of heart, and it’s going to be an even better time. Oh, but you want more? Add a pinch of bad girl wanting a little excitement and a cop sent to write a ticket. Then you have Good Cop, Bad Girl.

Paige Tyler writes steamy stories, no doubt. The element of heat is always high and the storyline plausible. I knew when I opened this story, it was a no-holds-barred roll in the hay. I felt like I was right there with Julie, laughing along to her party and drooling over the cop. I loved the scene where she shows her complete embarrassment, because the reader can identify with the foot-in-mouth syndrome. I even liked Kirk, although I wanted to get more into his head. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but his motivations were a tad hard to believe.

I like a good spanking story, and in that respect, this one delivered. It’s hot, and the characters are completely into what they are doing. What I wanted to see more of, was the character development. Though this is a short story and page constraints limit what the author can do sometimes, things happened really fast and it seemed almost too quick. I wanted to know if they fell for each other on more of an emotional level. While I like a well-written sex scene, I want some romance involved as well. Though it’s completely plausible for a guy and a girl to fall into mad, passionate, abandon after only a few moments together, I wanted to know what happened afterwards and really get to know them.

If you’re looking for a story that delivers heat and is great for a quick beach read, this may be the book for you. I give Good Cop, Bad Girl 3 cherries.

No comments: