Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Prelude and Discovery by Jade Falconer and Jack Greene



Prelude and Discovery by Jade Falconer and Jack Greene
Publisher: Phaze Books
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (29 pgs)
Other: M/M, anal sex, masturbation, forced seduction
Rating: 3 cherries
Reviewed by Tiger Lily

Discovery: Mugged by a mystery man in a dark Hollywood alley, Seth discovers a secret kink. Now he wants to meet his mystery man again... and he'll give him more than his wallet.

Prelude: Jeffrey met Mark in an internet chat room. But even though they've just met, Mark seems to know just what Jeffrey needs. Whips, chains, hot sex and maybe... love?

Warning: Hot read! Look out! Will cause singes to fingers, eyes, and guaranteed to make you squirm.

I know when I grab one of the Binary Stars books, I'm in for a good time. This edition is no exception. Jack Greene and Jade Falconer are expcted to write hot stories that ride the line. They didn't disappoint. There's a heavy dose of kink, a little heart, and lots of heat. The writing flows well and kept me right in my seat throughout. I had to know what would happen next and how the two stories fit together.

Prelude is original for me. I haven't run into many stories concerning an online hook-up. The characters are both rough and saucy. With each word, I could completely see Jeffrey and Mark...the long dark hair, the tight clothes, oh... and the makeup. Can't forget that. The tension between them is palpable. I wanted to see the action as much as the charcters wanted to play it out. The only thing I wanted more of in this story is more story. I wanted it longer. I wanted to know what would happen next. Still, as a hot short story, it delivers.

Discovery...now this is a searingly steamy story. I liked the twists Jack Greene added to it to make it more interesting. I had no idea which way the story would go and had to see what would happen to Seth and Virgil. This is a story of recognizing a kink. I hadn't thought of this plot for a book, but I really liked it because even when the kink goes to extremes, it's done not out of fear, but out of enjoyment. Again, I'd love to have seen this as a longer story, but for a hot bite, it's fantastic.

If you want a pair of short stories that will make you blush, squirm, and root for more, you need to read Prelude and Discovery.

No comments: