Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweet Surrender by Victoria Blisse

Sweet Surrender by Victoria Blisse
Publisher: Total-E-Bound
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (35 pages)
WC Only: M/F, BDSM
Rating: 4 cherries
Reviewed by Bittersweet

She doesn’t know what she wants but he does.

How do you mend a broken heart?

Helen goes on holiday to Scarborough and meets Tom. He is an attractive local artist who takes Helen on a tour of the sweet seaside town. Tom becomes more than just her guide as his dominant nature brings out her own submissive side and a shared joy of exhibitionism.

“A sexual beast caged by propriety, rules and decency,” that is the sentence that describes a lot of today’s men and women, including Helen, the main character of the novel and myself. This was one of the things that immediately made me relate with her: Trapped in the boundaries of what is supposedly right and proper by society.

The fact that Helen was not a stick figure but a real woman with curves, breasts, hips and insecurities only made me like her more. Furthermore, Helen had a strong character; she was not a weak woman. It was a total turn on to read and discover how Helen usually in control loses it when she is around Tom. All these little traits made Helen real, a character with a voice of her own.

Just like Helen was fantastic, I have to admit that I did not like Tom much at first. He was way too charming and he gave of the vibe of a terrible womanizer, a libertine. One thing that definitely made me dislike him even more was that he didn’t seem to take “no” or “stop” for an answer, no matter how feeble it was. For a moment, I thought I had almost stumbled into a possible rape. Fortunately, I was very wrong about him and his intentions. I do wish, too, the characters had practiced safe sex (especially their recent introduction).

The facts are this: Sweet Surrender is definitely sweet and very hot. The sexual buildup is fantastic throughout the story and really leaves you hanging. I loved the author’s steamy descriptions -- I needed to turn on the fan while I read!

Surrendering to this short novel is definitely a must!

1 comment:

Victoria Blisse said...

Thank you for your review, Bittersweet. I much appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed Sweet Surrender so much. Helen was a real joy to play with!