Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Disciplinary Measures by Mychael Black



Disciplinary Measures by Mychael Black
Publisher: Torquere Books
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Short Story (14 pgs)
Other: M/M, toys, spanking
Rating: 3.5 stars
Reviewed by Nymphaea

Dennis Grant works for a prestigious insurance agency, headed by the enigmatic and utterly hot Roland Forbes. When Dennis shows up late for work, his nipples sore from a night of solitary but delicious abuse, the last thing he needs is to run into Forbes.


Getting caught being late has got it’s perks.

Talk about a hot story! Goodness. This short steamed up my screen. I love a book with little kink and this one is packed. It’s all good.

Dennis has been late to work. Why? He’s got a secret. He likes to indulge in BDSM and kink afterhours. So much so, he’s been tardy to work a time or two. I liked Dennis. He knows what he wants and has the attitude that it’s his business and no one else’s. Roland was a little harder for me to like. Why? Not because he’s got his own secrets. His secrets made him more interesting. But at the first meeting, I wasn’t sure if he was just stuffy or intentionally rigid. Yes, it took me some time to warm up to him, but I did and I’m glad.

Like many of Mychael Black’s stories, this one isn’t for the faint of heart. There are a couple scenes with a set of nipple clamps that might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But the author writes the scenes with a fluidity that just drew me right in. The short has heat and an open-ended feel, begging to have a sequel.

If you want a hot book in a compact fashion, then this might be the book you’re looking for.

1 comment:

Mychael Black said...

Thanks! You know, I never thought about a sequel, but...may have to consider it now. LOL